Ms. Sossamon is a Partner with 17+ years in-house and law firm experience whose practice focuses on complex corporate transactions and general counsel services. With specialized expertise counseling businesses that monetize intellectual property, Ms. Sossamon structures and negotiates licensing, research, development, promotion, supply, distribution and service agreements, strategic alliances and joint ventures. Often, she serves as a legal advisor on new or acquired businesses, products and services as an outsourced general counsel.
In particular, Ms. Sossamon is highly skilled in leveraging her prior experience as an entrepreneur and as a senior in-house counsel to navigate the territory between legal risk and business objectives to craft practical solutions that fuel growth.
As Deputy General Counsel of a publicly traded intellectual property, online content and professional services company, Ms. Sossamon previously served as the lead legal executive for a $750m+ global business segment.
- Lead all legal support for global business segment across 11 global offices and 30 countries including intellectual property, M&A, investments, joint ventures, corporate strategy, commercial contracting, and employment.
- Provide strategic guidance on new businesses, products, and services to exploit intellectual property assets and structure business transactions and protective measures for intellectual property, technology, and brand assets.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate high-volume of complex commercial contracts, including sales, advertising, marketing, software, consulting, and vendor agreements.
- Counsel a wide variety of businesses on M&A, capital raises, contracts, licensing, intellectual property, joint ventures, partnerships, business operations, dispute resolution, and employment.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1999
University of Oklahoma, B.A., Political Science and Public Relations, magna cum laude, 1992
- CEB Inc., Deputy General Counsel
- Manning & Sossamon PLLC, Managing Partner
- Hogan Lovells, Associate
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia