Ms. DiCintio is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Government Contracts Practices and brings more than 20 years of experience in both large corporations and top-tier law firms. She is a results-driven, collaborative advisor with broad corporate, government contracts and transactional background. Ms. DiCintio has extensive experience in merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions – acting as legal counsel for over 80 transactions with an aggregate value of over $8 billion. She also has expertise in advising clients on the full range of government contracting matters such as teaming agreements, subcontracts, joint ventures, strategic alliances and bid protests.
In addition to working in top-tier law firms, Ms. DiCintio spent several years in-house. This corporate experience gives her a unique understanding of, and insight into, the issues, challenges, and general day-to-day business operations of companies, allowing her to provide clients with not only legal guidance, but also practical business-oriented solutions to the clients’ issues.
Before returning to private practice, Ms. DiCintio was the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Serco, a government contractor serving the federal IT market. She managed the company’s legal, compliance, ethics and defense security functions. Prior to Serco, Ms. DiCintio was VP and Associate General Counsel at General Dynamics where she managed more than 50 M&A transactions, as well as corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Represent buyers and sellers (primarily in the government contracting industry) in numerous M&A transactions, including recent sale of a federal government contractor to a public company through an auction process.
- Routinely advise companies on entity formation, operating and shareholder agreements and corporate governance.
- Structure and negotiate management buy-outs, redemption of owners and business “divorces.”
- Prepare and negotiate teaming agreements, subcontracts, joint ventures, strategic alliances and novation agreements.
- Advise clients on federal procurement laws and regulations, including small-business set-aside programs.
- On COVID-19 steering committee with primary responsibility for providing advice on the CARES Act, including the Paycheck Protection Program and Section 3610 issues.
- Represent individuals and companies in employment and severance negotiations, at the executive level and in connection with M&A transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Arlington magazine's Top Attorneys - Government Contracts (2019)
- “Legal Elite”, Virginia Business magazine — Corporate Counsel (2015-2016, 2018)
Publications and Speeches
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Federal Contracting, ABA Webinar (November 2020)
- ACG MId-Atlantic Growth Conference, Co-Chair (March 2019)
- Lessons Learned From GovCon Deal Warriors, Moderator (July 2018)
- Five Tips for Getting the Greatest Value When You Sell Your Business (February 2018)
- Exit Planning – How to Grow your Business for Value, not (just) Income, Seminar (January 2018)
- Let’s Talk Tax: Start Thinking about the Exit, Seminar (November 2017)
- Special Issues to Consider When Buying or Selling a Government Contractor, Seminar (April 2016)
- March 2015: Breaking the Small Business Barrier – Strategies that Work, Seminar (March 2015)
- The Shareholder Shakeup: From Business Pre-Nup to Breakup, Webinar (July 2014)
- SBA Issues PPP Guidance Affecting M&A Transactions (October 2020)
- SBA, Treasury Issue New PPP Guidance on Loan Forgiveness (August 2020)
- Senate Approves Last-Minute Extension to Apply for PPP Funds (July 2020)
- SBA, Treasury Streamline Loan Forgiveness Application and Update Guidance (June 2020)
- New Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act (June 2020)
- SBA and Treasury Release PPP Loan Forgiveness Application (May 2020)
- SBA Again Updates Safe Harbor Guidance for PPP Loans (May 2020)
- New DOD Guidance Encouraging of Defense Contractors (April 2020)
- New Cybersecurity Standards For Federal Contractors (December 1, 2017)
- Sole Source Authority for Women-Owned Small Businesses (November 17, 2015)
- Importance of Making Sure Your Corporate Status is Up to Date (September 25, 2015)
- Top 5 Tips for Successfully Selling Your Government Contracting Business (May 14, 2015)
- Big Changes Coming to the SBA’s Women-Owned Small Business Program (May 14, 2015)
- Tips for Success in the Current M&A Environment (March 26, 2014)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Business Section and Public Contracting Section
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF)
- Women in Defense (WID)
News, Events & Insights
- University of Virginia, J.D.
- University of Redlands, B.A.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- magna cum laude
- Odin Feldman & Pittleman, Partner
- Serco, SVP and General Counsel
- General Dynamics, VP and Associate General Counsel
- Jenner & Block, Counsel
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP, Associate
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia