Jodi B. Arganbright is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Practice. Ms. Arganbright’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions as well as general corporate matters. She has experience representing both buyers and sellers through all phases of corporate transactions. Ms. Arganbright regularly counsels clients regarding structuring operations and forming new entities. She advises company directors and management on governance and compliance matters. Ms. Arganbright also serves as outside general counsel to startup technology companies.
In addition, Ms. Arganbright practiced law in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where she worked with a broad range of global companies in establishing, structuring and managing operations in the Middle East.
- Managed due diligence for subsidiary of NYSE traded public utility in approximately $300 million dollar asset sale to subsidiary of multinational NYSE traded energy company, including negotiating over one hundred third party consent and release agreements and other ancillary documents.
- Assisted Swedish based international wine and spirits company in acquisition of majority share of Virgin Islands rum maker for approximately $120 million dollars followed by second step merger, including drafting all key transaction documents and managing due diligence.
- Supported multinational NYSE traded corporation in restructuring of electronics division valued at approximately $3 billion dollars, including drafting promissory notes, capital subscription agreements, and contributory agreements and formation of new entities
- Assisted publicly traded waste management company in approximately $150 million dollar stock purchase of privately held environmental services corporation, including drafting leases, service agreements and other ancillary transaction documents.
- Assisted subsidiary of large NYSE traded financial corporation in purchase of energy trading assets valued at approximately $60 million from subsidiary of public utility company, including drafting and negotiating transfer, consent and novation agreements, and assignment agreements; negotiating master power purchase and sale agreements and ISDA agreements.
- Assisted large publicly traded company in registration of senior note program with SEC valued at $200,000,000, including preparing and filing S-4 and related amendments, revising prospectus and related notes
- Supported large Dutch conglomerate in registration of $500 million U.S. medium term note program with NASD, now known as FINRA, including drafting pricing supplements and prospectus and preparing and registering filings with NASD on monthly basis.
- Assisted underwriter in initial public offering of a REIT valued at $150,000,000, including analyzing and reviewing disclosure documents, drafting corporate approval documents and revising related transaction documents.
Publications and Speeches
- Impacts on the 2023 M&A and Deals Market, Speaker, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) National Capital Region, October 17, 2023
American Sign Language
News, Events & Insights
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Articles Editor
Brigham Young University, B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi
- McDermott, Will & Emery, LLP
- District of Columbia
- California (inactive)