Our private equity attorneys have broad and deep experience in providing sophisticated legal advice regarding the structuring of private equity acquisitions and financings (debt and equity) on behalf of private equity firms and sponsors, family offices, lenders, financial advisors and private equity portfolio companies.
Our attorneys are frequently referred to as a “go to” legal team to participants in the middle-market and have a relentless commitment to understanding and furthering our clients’ businesses, plans and objectives. The firm’s attorneys represent investors and portfolio companies in a wide range of industries including government contracts, defense, national security, healthcare, technology, life sciences, consumer, retail, restaurant, food and beverage, hotels and hospitality, manufacturing, and media.
We regularly provide our private equity clients with a fully integrated range of compliance, securities, tax planning, employment, IP and other services, in coordination with attorneys across the firm’s other practice groups, to provide comprehensive legal advice to meet our private equity clients’ needs. Our private equity attorneys are attentive to providing sound, pragmatic counseling and cost-efficient and prompt execution.
We advise clients with all aspects of private equity services including the following:
- Structuring and negotiating private equity acquisitions and investments, including add on acquisitions, and minority and control investment
- Rollover equity structuring
- Due diligence and risk analysis, including RWI aspects and issues
- Leveraged buyouts
- Independent sponsor transactions
- Investment fund formation
- Dividend recapitalization transactions
- Growth capital and minority investments
- Equity and compensation arrangements for management
- Management team representations
- Mezzanine and senior financings
- Healthcare and other regulatory and operational counsel
- Corporate governance and D&O fiduciary matters
- Planning for and execution of liquidity event transactions