Counsel Christina Harvell Brown represents a broad range of clients in connection with matters involving education and disability rights law. Ms. Brown’s breadth of work includes advocacy for students with disabilities and Native American students in all areas of education, housing and standardized testing, and representation of students in academic integrity matters, disability discrimination claims, and contractual disputes. Ms. Brown’s experience also encompasses litigation involving consumer arbitration clause enforcement in the educational context, as well as applications and appeals for student testing accommodations (ACT, College Board, MCAT, LSAT).
- Representation of students with disabilities, Native American students, and underrepresented minority students in matters involving contract disputes, test security and academic integrity;
- Advises organizations regarding employee handbook;
- Counsel for students with disabilities in all aspects of the educational process, including IEP’s, 504 plans, disciplinary proceedings and academic resource planning;
- Extensive Regional Center advocacy experience, including the management of the special education and healthcare needs of students with chronic medical conditions; and
- Counsel for students in areas of housing and dining advocacy and management of accommodations and supports for students with disabilities in college and graduate school.
- Board member and officer of the Friends of West Hollywood Elementary, responsible for fundraising and approving over $500,000 in financial expenditures for a school of over 400 elementary school children, including technology, science, art, music, physical education, and other programs no longer covered by state funds
Memberships and Affiliations
- UCLA Extension, College Counseling Certificate, Awarded with Distinction
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA)
- National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Western Association of College Admission Counseling (WACAC)
News, Events & Insights
Harvard Law School, J.D.
University of Oklahoma, B.A.
- summa cum laude
- Miller Advocacy Group PC
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California