Gina Del Negro is Counsel in the firm’s employment law practice. Ms. Del Negro’s practice focuses on litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels, and counseling clients regarding all areas of employment law, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, Service Contract Act, whistleblower claims (Section 211, SOX), wrongful discharge, FMLA, NLRA, and non-competition agreements and trade secrets. Ms. Del Negro has experience drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and other policies (such as drug and alcohol testing policies) and regularly develops and presents training materials on workplace harassment.
- Represented insurance company in breach of duty of loyalty and theft of trade secrets case.
- Represented software-developing company in eight-day preliminary injunction hearing for violation of a non-compete.
- Represented numerous clients in administrative hearings before the NLRB and DOL.
- Prepared position statements to DOL and EEOC.
- Conducted internal investigations of employees regarding employment complaints, to prepare position statements and for litigation-related discovery.
- Prepared and reviewed severance, non-compete, and employment agreements.
- Performed due diligence for labor and employment issues for transactions.
Publications and Speeches
- Co-author, “The Cost of Security: Wage and Hour Claims for Security Checks,” Corporate Counselor (April 2008).
- Co-author, “Guide to State and Federal Drug-Testing Laws,” 13th Ed. (2004-2005).
- Workplace Harassment Training, TISTA Science & Technology Corp. (2013).
- Workplace Harassment Training, Al Jazeera (2008).
- Chance School, Procurement Committee
- Representation of the DC Prisoners’ Legal Services Project
- Advice and counsel to Columbia Heights/Shaw Family Support Collaborative
Memberships and Affiliations
- District of Columbia Bar Association
News, Events & Insights
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
- Michigan Journal of Gender and Law
University of Virginia, B.A.
- Graduated with Distinction
- Winston & Strawn, Senior Associate
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia