Gina Del Negro is a Partner in the firm’s employment law practice. Ms. Del Negro’s practice focuses on counseling clients regarding all areas of employment law, including discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, FMLA and other leave requests, accommodation requests, and non-competition agreements and trade secrets. She regularly advises clients on everyday employment questions and issues. She has experience drafting and reviewing employee handbooks (including for multi-state employers), policies, and various employment agreements and develops and presents training materials on workplace harassment.
- Advised clients on day-to-day employment issues such as leave rights, wage payments, performance issues, discrimination concerns, and terminations/layoffs.
- Conducted internal investigations of employees regarding employment complaints.
- Prepared position statements to the EEOC.
- Prepared and reviewed severance, non-compete, and employment agreements.
- Prepared and reviewed employee handbooks and other policies.
- Performed due diligence for labor and employment issues for transactions.
Publications and Speeches
- Co-author, “The Cost of Security: Wage and Hour Claims for Security Checks,” Corporate Counselor (April 2008).
- Co-author, “Guide to State and Federal Drug-Testing Laws,” 13th Ed. (2004-2005).
- Workplace Harassment Training, TISTA Science & Technology Corp. (2013).
- Workplace Harassment Training, Al Jazeera (2008).
- Vice President and Board Member, KMAC Museum
- Chance School, Procurement Committee
- Representation of the DC Prisoners’ Legal Services Project
- Advice and counsel to Columbia Heights/Shaw Family Support Collaborative
Memberships and Affiliations
- District of Columbia Bar Association
News, Events & Insights
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
- Michigan Journal of Gender and Law
University of Virginia, B.A.
- Graduated with Distinction
- Winston & Strawn, Senior Associate
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- Maryland (inactive)