Consuelo Campuzano is a Partner whose practice focuses on intellectual property, commercial contracts, and general corporate advisory work. Ms. Campuzano has drafted and negotiated a wide variety of commercial agreements, including technology and digital media, intellectual property and licensing, as well as strategic and benefits-related contracts.
Ms. Campuzano has significant experience as an in-house corporate legal advisor at both major media organizations and financial institutions, where she served as legal counsel and regularly advised on corporate, commercial and intellectual property issues arising from the drafting and negotiation of strategic, commercial and technology contracts. She also has a strong background in privacy issues impacting such contractual arrangements.
- Structured and negotiated licensing agreements, joint venture/alliance agreements and consulting engagements covering proprietary and third party intellectual property issues for various multinational clients.
- Represented media and financial organizations in complex, global IT outsourcing bids and contract negotiations with major financial services clients and technology and human resource vendors.
- Assisted in securities filings under the ’34 Act for major media company.
- Negotiated and prepared documentation for variety of benefits contracts, including contracts with healthcare providers and various other benefits-related providers.
- Conducted due diligence review of intellectual property assets for M&A transactions for major media company.
- Assisted in drafting and negotiating agreements in connection with structured and project financings and securities filings under both the ’33 and ’34 Acts for a wide range of domestic and multinational clients.
- Advised professional research services firm on corporate, commercial and intellectual property issues.
- Provided compliance advice on contractual standards and related privacy and data breach regulations to various clients.
- Provided legal advice and support on various charitable initiatives of global financial institution.
- Provided representation to three successful political asylum candidates from Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo through Human Rights First.
Columbia Law School, J.D., 1998
- Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems
Rice University, B.A., 1993
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Vice President & Associate General Counsel
- Thomson Reuters (f/k/a Reuters America), Senior Legal Counsel
- Davis Polk & Wardwell
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- New York