Mr. Mollaaghababa is a Partner in the Intellectual Property practice, focusing on all aspects of intellectual property law, including preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications and preparation of patentability, infringement, validity, and clearance opinions.
He has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in diverse fields of technology, including photonics/optics, nanotechnology, medical devices, semiconductor processing, lithography, telecommunications, magnetic resonance, and computer hardware and software and works with a wide range of clients in the pharmaceutical and medical devices, manufacturing, energy and utilities and consumer products industries.
Prior to joining Potomac Law, Mr. Mollaaghababa was a Partner at Nelson Mullins. A frequent speaker on intellectual property litigation and patent law topics, Mr. Mollaaghababa has been recognized by several prominent legal and industry rankings including The Invented Award by Boston Law Patent Association; The Top Lawyers 2021 by Boston Magazine and Best Lawyers in America®.
- Provides clients with strategic counseling, including licensing as well as formation and management of intellectual property portfolios.
- Represents clients in post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent Office.
- Handled more than 80 inter partes review (IPR) proceedings.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Patent Law (2022)
- Boston Magazine’s The Top Lawyers of 2021
- Invented Here Award, Boston Patent Law Association (2020)
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, intellectual property (2013–2015)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers 'Rising Star' (2006–2007, 2009–2010)
- Boston’s Future Leaders, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (Jan. 2007)
Publications and Speeches
- “Post Issuance Proceedings Strategies,” Speaker, Centerforce 4th Annual IP Strategy Summit, May 15, 2018
- “Post Issuance Proceedings Strategies,” Speaker, Centerforce 3rd Annual IP Strategy Summit, November 15, 2017
- Inventorship vs. Authorship in Academic Research, Co-Presenter, Webinar, Oct. 20, 2020
- The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law
Memberships and Affiliations
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Boston Bar Association
News, Events & Insights
Suffolk University Law School,, J.D.
Harvard University, Ph.D., Physics
Harvard University, M.S., Physics
State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.S., Physics
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP , Partner
- Pepper Hamilton, Partner
- Nutter McClennan & Fish, Partner
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)