Eddie S. Whang is experienced in various areas of intellectual property law, including patent evaluations for patent pool licensing, patent litigation, invalidity/non-infringement and freedom-to-operate opinions, intellectual property due diligence, and patent prosecution. A registered attorney before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, he has experience across many technical areas, including optical disc technologies, video formatting and compression technologies, wireless communications, networking, computer software and architecture, and medical devices.
- Assists clients in evaluating and licensing patents pertaining to standardized technologies, including determining whether the patents are essential for the relevant industry standard;
- Represents clients in patent infringement suits relating to mobile phones, digital televisions, and optical data storage devices;
- Advises clients on product clearance matters, including providing invalidity and non-infringement opinion letters; and
- Counsels clients on various types of corporate transactions involving domestic and international mergers and acquisitions and leveraged buyouts, private equity, and venture capital investments on intellectual property issues.
News, Events & Insights
Northwestern University School of Law, J. D
- Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business, Senior Editor
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MEng. and B.S.
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Proskauer Rose LLP
Ropes & Gray LLP
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office