Arnold Morse is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and General Counsel practices, focusing on complex business transactions, government contracting, regulatory compliance, M&A and intellectual property rights. During his more than two decades of serving in senior executive in-house roles at large U.S. corporations, Mr. Morse has performed all aspects of general counsel services in a wide range of industries, with special expertise in healthcare IT and government contracting.
Mr. Morse’s experience includes regulatory compliance, contracts, licensing, export control, risk management, cybersecurity/data protection and privacy, HIPAA compliance, employment and investigations and served as the point of contact for inquiries from government regulators including DCAA, DCMA, OFCCP, GAO, Federal Agency Inspector General(s), GSA, and the Office of Civil Rights (HIPAA). He routinely provides business and legal advice to senior executives on global transactions. He has also managed complex litigation in a number of U.S. states in matters related to improper contract terminations, resulting in significant settlement outcomes for his employers.
In a prior role as Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary of a $6 billion publicly traded government contractor, Mr. Morse was accountable for the legal aspects of 20 acquisitions, three divestitures and two joint ventures. In a similar role for a healthcare IT company, he successfully led all legal aspects of its multi-hundred-million-dollar sale to a private equity firm.
Mr. Morse is a results driven, collaborative advisor supporting clients on the full range of government contracting matters, including RFP analysis, proposal review, drafting, reviewing and negotiating all forms of contracts, drafting and implementing an effective ethics and corporate compliance program, labor qualifications for T&M and labor hour contracts, Mentor/Protégé agreements, strategic alliances, joint ventures, bid protests and regulatory investigations.
- Provided legal, contractual and business advice to company stakeholders in growing a five year $25M subcontract role on a Navy SPAWAR program into a seven year $360M joint venture prime contract award.
- Directed outside counsel in the litigation and arbitration of the improper termination by a state of a $200M contract to modernize a state Medicaid Management Information System, negotiated settlement and led arbitration for convenience claim resulting in a $24M award.
- Provided legal, contractual, employment and regulatory compliance advice to a company supporting the sale of health IT products, solutions and services to state health departments supporting Medicaid and federal agencies supporting Medicare and workers’ compensation programs.
- Provided legal, contractual, employment and regulatory compliance advice to a company supporting the sale of information technology products, solutions and services to federal DoD, Intel and Civilian agencies worldwide.
- Drafted, presented for approval and implemented an effective Ethics and Corporate Compliance program at two companies. Reported annually on the effectiveness of the Program to the company’s Board of Directors.
- Served as Corporate Secretary drafting Board minutes, corporate resolutions, equity plans, SEC and NYSE filings, director fiduciary training, Board committee charters, and corporate governance.
- Managed the rolling production of documents for a company in response to a State Attorney General’s subpoena requesting documents related to the company’s subcontract work on a complex Medicaid Management Information System project.
- Managed the rolling production of documents for a company in response to a Congressional subpoena requesting documents related to the company’s work supporting the Affordable Care Act.
- Successfully resolved government inquiries and investigations regarding compliance with HIPAA, Privacy Act, Antitrust, Federal Acquisition Regulations, employee salary and benefits, FLSA classifications, data protection, data privacy and security.
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Food Bank
- Read to children at Sheltered Workshop
Memberships and Affiliations
- District of Columbia Bar Association
News, Events & Insights
Boston College Law School, J.D.
Union College, B.A.
- Client Network Services, LLC, Sr. V.P., General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Secretary
- CACI International Inc., Sr. V.P., Chief Legal Officer, Secretary
- The Orkand Corporation, General Counsel, Vice President of Contracts, Corporate Secretary
- District of Columbia