PLG's attorneys offer specialized expertise in all aspects of the restaurant, food, wine, beer, and spirits industries to help clients achieve commercial success and critical acclaim.
Commercial Law. Businesses in these fiercely competitive industries depend on their supplier, landlord, marketer, and other commercial relationships running smoothly. We help clients establish, manage, and resolve disputes in these arrangements to make sure that goal is achieved. In addition, PLG has expertise in launching food and beverage businesses, securing funding, structuring agreements among owners, managing employee issues, acquiring and selling businesses, succession planning, and a broad range of other commercial and organizational matters.
Licensing, Compliance, and Government Relations. Equally important is ensuring customer satisfaction and brand goodwill by complying with federal and state laws governing alcohol and food service licensing, nutrition information, and safety. We help clients efficiently meet all of their compliance obligations, and engage with government officials to support a favorable regulatory climate. We also advise clients on accessing a broad range of government resources, particularly during the ongoing COVID crisis.
Brand Protection and Marketing. We have extensive experience protecting clients’ trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property, ensuring advertising and marketing campaigns comply with the law, and assisting clients with retail product and media arrangements.
Our Expertise Includes:
- Startup and Ownership/Organizational Matters
- Financing and Loans
- Lease and Construction Agreements
- Supplier and Vendor Agreements
- Grape and Malt/Hops Supply Agreements
- Distribution and Wholesale Agreements
- Alcoholic Beverage Licensing
- Labeling Requirements
- State and Federal Regulatory Compliance, Including TTB, FDA, and FTC
- Voluntary and Mandatory Nutrition Disclosure
- Employment Matters
- Employee Benefits and Healthcare
- Brand and Trademark Protection
- Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements
- Retail Sale of Branded Products
- Television, Publishing, and Other Media Engagements
- Business Acquisitions and Sales
- Business Succession Planning
- Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Crisis Management
- Restaurant Technology and Software
- Legislative Matters and Government Relations
- Economic Development Incentives
News, Events & Insights