Jessica Chod is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Practice. Ms. Chod brings experience as a corporate counsel of a multi-national corporation and as outside counsel. Her practice focuses on general corporate and contract law matters, as well as corporate governance and best practices. Ms. Chod has worked on a wide range of transactions from initial funding for small start-ups to multi-billion dollar public company mergers. In addition, she has experience working with clients of all sizes that operate across the globe and in various stages of the business life-cycle.
- Assisted clients with several private transactions, including a management buy-out of a U.S. subsidiary of an international company
- Counsel on general corporate matters, including contract drafting and review of vendor contracts
- Assisted clients seeking funding in the form of equity, including the preparation of related transaction documents such as subscription agreements and private placement memorandums
- Advised public companies, including smaller reporting companies, with respect to compliance with SEC rules and regulations
- In-house counsel experience supporting multiple business units, including Communications, IT, Supply Chain and Innovation
- Assisted client with the closing and implementation of a complex $2.6 billion corporate transaction, including the coordination and negotiation required for seeking consents from over 100 vendors and customers.
- Holton Arms Alumnae Board-Member and Secretary
- Member of the Greater DC Diaper Bank’s Board of Directors
News, Events & Insights
Emory University School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, High Honors, 2009
- Emory Law Journal, Executive Notes & Comments Editor
Emory University Goizueta Business School, MBA, 2009
Cornell University, B.S., Meinig Family Cornell National Scholar, Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, 2005
- HMSHost Corporation, Corporate Counsel – Operations
- Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.
- Skadden, Arps, Meagher & Flom LLP
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- New York