Eve Dery Hodnett is Consulting Counsel in the firm’s Corporate and Transactional and General Counsel Services practice groups. Ms. Hodnett has 30 years of in-house and law firm experience with particular emphasis on international commercial and technology law, global restructuring, employment and human resources law, and mergers and acquisitions for private and publicly traded companies.
Ms. Hodnett has unique expertise in preparing and negotiating worldwide legal documentation including SaaS agreements, EULAs, Master Purchase Agreements, supply chain contracts, media/technology customer contracts and licensing contracts.
As Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel, Ms. Hodnett led the international legal department of a $400M PE owned global technology company. For approximately 18 years, holding various titles she managed all legal issues for the company and helped shepherd it through 4 different owners, both public and private.
Ms. Hodnett is a highly regarded lawyer with a diverse and solid business/legal background. Early in her career she served as litigation/transactional counsel for more than one major financial institution before serving as General Counsel for companies in the dietary supplement industry and moving on to representation of technology/media companies.
Corporate and Transactional
- Managed all Corporate governance issues and served as Corporate Secretary for a Board of Directors preparing Corporate Minutes and implementing full new slate of officers and directors to worldwide legal entities
- Successfully managed the carve-out of 50+ worldwide legal entities, including creation of stand-alone entities, legal policies, boilerplate documents, benefit plans, and insurance policies
- Negotiated and closed numerous strategic deals including: $20M strategic sale in the US; $30M strategic sale in Australia; $20M strategic sale in the UK; $20M strategic sale in Canada, and two separate $15M strategic sales in Brazil, each with major media companies
- Managed sell-side US-based legal due diligence in divestiture of $630M division
- Negotiated and reviewed real estate leases and related agreements for six U.S. office sites
- Co-managed all legal aspects and negotiations of a $30M divestiture of an operation based in Germany, including negotiation and drafting the Share Purchase Agreement, Transition Services Agreement and legal entity carve out agreements
- Led all legal aspects and negotiation of an asset purchase by a $5M broadcast technology company based in Israel, including full management of due diligence, negotiation of reduction of $500k of initial purchase price; drafted Asset Purchase Agreement.
General Counsel Services
- Managed worldwide legal team and all legal issues including M&A integration and carve out completion, data privacy, Covid-related issues, employments claims, litigation, FCPA, D&I policies, negotiation of supply chain contracts, SaaS agreements, and media/technology customer contracts for a large technology company
- Managed and/or drafted entire portfolio of standard worldwide legal forms (purchase order form, licensing agreement forms, confidentiality agreements, indemnification agreements and standard disclaimers, etc.)
- Updated and managed digital signage processes and signed legal agreement storage systems
- Led legal support for the streamlining of global real estate footprint from 37 facilities to 19 facilities, including standing up low-cost centers in Malaysia and Poland
- Managed worldwide insurance and risk management issues including the purchase of all insurance and the review and negation of all contracts related thereto
- Updated and/or created global data privacy policies and related legal documentation and agreements and successfully managed data privacy incident issues and communications
Contracts and Licensing
- Prepared and negotiated worldwide legal documentation (SaaS Agreements, EULAs, Master Purchase Agreements and policies) relating to new go-to-market SaaS offerings, enterprise pricing and new market vertical with focused technology bundles through a partner network
- Negotiated and finalized a $125 M out-sourcing transaction, which included the negotiation and drafting of two major contract manufacturing agreements with two separate international contract manufacturers as well as the termination of third contract manufacturing relationship
- Negotiated all supply, customer and licensing contracts internationally including a $4M worldwide technology license
- Managed legal issues and claims related to international restructuring of 1800 employees based around the world
- Managed a restructuring, leading to cost synergies of 20 percent
- Created and chaired the Coronavirus Task force and related Work from Home and Return to Work policies
- Created and chaired stand-alone D&I Policy and D&I Committee
Memberships and Affiliations
- CHIEF, Member
Pepperdine Law, J.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A.
- Grass Valley USA, LLC, Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel
- Pharmanex, General Counsel
- City National Bank, Senior Counsel