Zealous, sophisticated and reliable, Dan Reiter provides trusted advice that is efficient, thorough, and appropriately tailored to the matter at hand. Mr. Reiter works collaboratively and responsively with his clients as a valued team member to help them achieve their goals and objectives. Developers, business owners, executives, and investors look to Mr. Reiter for his experience in real estate, renewable energy, and general business matters, together with his unwavering focus on client service. Across the real estate and renewable energy industries, his clients look to Mr. Reiter to get difficult jobs done.
Throughout his career, Mr. Reiter has guided real estate transactions involving millions of square feet of market-leading trophy and class A space, and many thousands of acres of land. This regularly includes leasing and other transactional matters. He also has significant experience structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts. Mr. Reiter also practices regularly in the rapidly expanding and always evolving solar energy industry, representing an impressive mix of independent power producers and other project developers, host site owners and electricity customers in connection with the development, purchase, sale, construction, financing, operation, maintenance, and/or asset management of hundreds of megawatts of solar energy generation facilities in the aggregate.
- Landlord’s counsel with respect to millions of square feet of market-leading properties. Regularly represent landlords and tenants in connection with the leasing of iconic, Class A buildings; industrial, medical, and other specialized space; and renewable energy production.
- Structure, negotiate and document the purchase, development, operation and/or sale of solar photovoltaic facilities, including ground- and roof-mounted systems, carport arrays, utility-scale, distributed generation, and community solar gardens, in a variety of jurisdictions. Dan has been an instrumental part of hundreds of megawatts, or more, of solar energy projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate a multitude of solar energy transaction documents, including power purchase agreements, EPC contracts, operations and maintenance agreements, contracts for the purchase and sale of SRECs, leases, licenses, options, easements, and other site-related documentation, and a host of other commercial contracts.
- Lead the resolution of high-stakes, complex disputes in connection with real estate and solar energy transactions, including development and construction disputes, financial disputes, commercial disputes, corporate disputes, and other highly-sensitive, bet-the-company matters.
- Serve the role of outside general counsel to a considerable group of businesses across multiple industries.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the “Best Attorneys in Business” by Philly Biz (2016)
Publications and Speeches
- Creative Solar Development Could Help Once-Contaminated Lands Shine Again. The Legal Intelligencer. July 26, 2019. Co-author.
- Around the World (of Renewables) in 60 Minutes: Hot Topics on a Hot Topic. July 11, 2019. Co-presenter.
- Solar Energy Project Basics – Structuring the Transaction. January 25, 2019. Webinar. Program leader, co-presented with Brian J. Levin.
- Solar Energy Project Basics – Financing the Deal. January 25, 2019. Webinar. Program leader, co-presenter.
- Renewable Energy: What Every General Counsel Needs To Know. ACC QuickCounsel. 2011. Co-author.
- Fueled by the Sun: 10 Sizzling Legal Issues in Solar Energy Projects. The Legal Intelligencer. 2011.
- Inaugurating Solar Energy Involves More Than a Flick of a Switch. NJBIZ. 2010. Co-author.
- Involved with a number of animal-related, and land and environmental conservation charities.
News, Events & Insights
Harvard Law School, J.D.
Brown University, A.B.
- with Distinction, magna cum laude
Fox Rothschild LLP, Partner and Co-Chair of the firm's Energy and Natural Resources Practice Group