Azali Kassum is Counsel in the firm’s Corporate and General Counsel Services practices where she focuses on commercial and technology contracts and transactions. She has more than two decades of experience working for Fortune 500 companies in the technology, financial services, consumer electronics and digital communications sectors.
Ms. Kassum advises clients on a wide array of data assets and has expertise with client negotiations in the areas of technology, software licensing and development, hosted solutions and SAAS; commercial contracting and process; professional services and consulting; product sales and distribution; IT/outsourcing; and data privacy. She routinely provides guidance on risk assessment analysis, templates and contract process; policy reviews and compliance; dispute resolution; and intellectual property protection/licensing.
- Legal advisor and counsel for a multinational telecommunications firm responsible for the negotiation and drafting of software purchases, licensing agreements, and support and sales agreements for direct customers, distributors and channel resellers worldwide. Provided counsel for professional services, vendor and consultant agreements and oversaw marketing and advertising compliance and policy and template review.
- Counsel to a global telecommunications provider responsible for drafting and negotiation of global and regional product and software development and licensing, sales, services, reseller and distribution agreements, information technology outsourcing and procurement, OEM agreements, vendor and professional services agreements, policy and compliance training, corporate due diligence for prospective acquisitions, contract management support and training.
- Negotiated and drafted contracts for a suite of products for a Fortune 500 company and reviewed and developed agreement templates, sales support processes, strategy, pricing integrity and policy compliance in addition to managing the negotiation of government accounts, RFP bids and third-party service provider relationships.
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Little Folks School, Chairwoman of the Board
Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
McGill University, B.A.
- Nokia Inc., Legal Counsel, Global Business Mobility and Commercial Markets
- Avaya Inc., Corporate Counsel, International and Commercial Law
- American Express, Contracts Manager, Merchant Acquisition North America
- Washington, D.C.