Sasha Field is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Communications, Media & Entertainment practice groups. Ms. Field specializes in working with companies in the aerospace and telecommunications industries to provide support on corporate, commercial contract, and regulatory issues. Her extensive complex transactional and regulatory experience spans both domestic and international arenas.
Ms. Field has worked for more than two decades in the aerospace and telecommunication industries, including time in senior roles within the U.S. government as well as serving as outside and in-house counsel in the private sector. She has supported companies that range from highly leveraged start-ups to prominent publicly traded corporations. Ms. Field’s broad background allows her to provide targeted and insightful advice and representation appropriate to the developmental stage and resource constraints of each individual client.
- Developed and lead legal team for a space launch services company. Highlights included complex vendor and sales transaction negotiations, licensing and compliance oversight, and litigation management.
- Created and oversaw commercial transactional department for multi-billion dollar satellite services company.
- Managed corporate and commercial domestic and international activities for multiple satellite services companies
- Lead regulatory policy and licensing activities domestically and globally for multiple space companies.
- Established, implemented, and deployed a joint venture in Canada to secure access to the North American market, involving complex cross-border corporate, financial, security, compliance and business structuring issues
- Spearheaded a broad range of international business efforts, including wholesale customer contracting and transactions, export compliance, license activities, data privacy/retention, and internet regulatory issues for a major telecommunications provider
- Represented a government agency during multi-year process to privatize global intergovernmental satellite company. Privatization scope included corporate and international structuring negotiations, and development of service and distribution contracts meeting government and public interests for privatized organization
PRO BONO AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Children’s National Hospital, Washington DC
- Animal Welfare League of Arlington
Memberships and Affiliations
- Women in Technology, Leadership Foundry
News, Events & Insights
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 1995
- Law and Policy in International Business, Notes Editor
Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, M.A., 2015
Harvard University, B.A. 1990 (Astronomy and Astrophysics)
- Spaceflight, Inc., General Counsel
- OneWeb, General Counsel
- TerreStar Networks Inc, SVP and Deputy General Counsel
- MCI, Director, International Affairs
- Federal Communications Commission, Senior Legal Advisor
Areas of Practice