Grady L. White is a registered patent attorney with more than twenty-five years of experience practicing in the District of Columbia, the State of California, and in front of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. White’s formal education and previous work experience have provided him with the technical qualifications to render exceptional patent advice and counseling in a timely, business objective-oriented and cost-effective manner in a wide range of technical fields. Between graduating from Northwestern University in 1985 with an engineering degree in Computer Science and attending law school at UCLA, Mr. White spent five years working as a customer support and product marketing engineer for Hewlett Packard Company in Northern California’s Silicon Valley.
Mr. White’s practice includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications for data communications networks, commodity and foreign exchange trading systems, digital imaging systems, medical devices, robotics, telecommunications equipment, pharmaceutical packaging, mechanical and electrical devices, and business methods. He has also rendered patentability, validity and clearance (“freedom-to-operate”) opinions for a variety of technology areas. His patent practice also includes preparing and prosecuting international patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty and selecting and managing foreign patent counsel for foreign patent filings.
- Serves as worldwide intellectual property counsel for a multinational robotics corporation, responsible for drafting, filing, prosecuting and/or managing over 150 domestic and foreign patent, trademark and copyright applications and registrations covering mechanical, electronic and computer-based inventions and products in the field of autonomously-navigating robots.
- Outside patent counsel for one of eight largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, responsible for preparing patentability, clearance and non-infringement opinions for autoinjectors and pharmaceutical product containers, and writing and prosecuting utility and design patent applications for software-controlled vaccine tracking and dispensing equipment, database management systems, safety syringes and autoinjectors, diaphragm values, and electronic testing and calibration devices for probes and sensors.
- Intellectual property counsel for a sports technology start-up company, preparing, prosecuting and managing patent and trademark portfolios worldwide for wireless devices and networked computer systems for automatically tracking and displaying in real time the movements locations of players and objects (e.g., basketballs), as well as made and missed shots, during games of sport.
- Patent and trademark counsel for an agricultural data processing company, responsible for preparing and successfully prosecuting multiple families of patents and trademarks associated with software-controlled systems and methods for capturing, transmitting and processing machine and agronomic data generated by farming vehicles and farming implements during precision farming operations.
- On behalf of a large university, prepared and successfully prosecuted a family of patent applications covering modular arterio-venous shunt devices for hemodialysis patients.
- Law Offices of Grady L. White, Principal
- Covington & Burling, Associate
- Quinn, Emmanuel, Urquhart & Sullivan, Associate
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Intellectual Property Law Association