Ben Lieber is the Managing Partner of the firm. Mr. Lieber has extensive experience in both business and law and the intersection of the two, having practiced as a consultant at McKinsey & Company, a tax attorney at Covington & Burling, and as General Counsel of several private companies. Mr. Lieber is also a member of the firm’s Tax practice, advising companies on international and domestic transactions, as well as assisting clients with general tax planning.
- Member of three-attorney team establishing the right to a $100 million tax refund in large foreign tax credit case (IBM v. United States, 38 Fed. Cl. 661 (1997) (granting partial summary judgment))
- Part of the legal team orchestrating the Cleveland Browns move to Baltimore and the subsequent award of an NFL expansion franchise to the city of Cleveland
- Negotiated with numerous city and state revenue agencies over the tax treatment of professional athletes and professional sports teams
- Represented mutual fund interests in the drafting and passage of new investment company legislation in the State of Missouri
- Covington & Burling, Associate (Tax)
- McKinsey & Company, Engagement Manager
- Clearbrook Financial, General Counsel