Vanessa Chernick has more than 25 years of experience in commercial real estate and finance law. She understands the full life cycle of real estate from strategy to purchase, development, finance, operations and leasing to workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy. For ten years, Ms. Chernick was a Fortune 100 company’s sole in house real estate lawyer for all of its corporate real estate needs. She has extensive experience in closing transactions and drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, loan documentation and complex financing arrangements, leases, ground leases, joint ventures, confidentiality, brokerage and vendor agreements.
- Drafted and negotiated complex revolving credit commercial real estate secured financial transactions ranging from $150M to $650M
- Structured and negotiated a large volume of commercial mortgage loan securitizations
- Chief strategist and negotiator for a consortium of financial institutions regarding the preservation, access and destruction of confidential bank data held by law firms that filed bankruptcy
- Negotiated lease for a data center that provided the tenant with many of the controls of ownership
- Developed new commercial and residential mortgage products
- Instrumental in creating and overseeing best in class vendor management program for large financial institution
- Designed and implemented sustainable operational processes for mortgage servicing
- Substantive experience working with federal and state financial services regulators
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- magna cum laude
Smith College, B.A.
- cum laude
- Bank of America, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel
- Venable LLP, Of Counsel
- Fannie Mae, Deputy General Counsel
- District of Columbia