Stephanie Joyce has an extensive background in business and consumer protection litigation within the telecommunications space, including claims brought pursuant to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and various state deceptive trade practice statutes, as well as contractual disputes and an array of other business matters.
In addition, she provides transactional, regulatory, and privacy compliance advice to her clients, including a major provider of wholesale and retail VoIP service, and is experienced in negotiating contracts for the provision of backbone and content services. She also assists clients in the data analytics industry with transactions, licensing matters, and applications for patent.
Ms. Joyce represents telecommunications clients before the Federal Communication Commission and State Commissions, as well as before Congress, where she advocates procompetitive broadband and privacy legislation. She has served as counsel to several competitive carriers in federal appeals of FCC orders, including the Triennial Review Order, the CPNI Order, the Calls Order, the Universal Service VoIP Order, and orders from the Interstate Inmate Calling Services docket.
- Mojica v. Securus Technologies, Inc., Summary judgment in nationwide class action entered for Securus on claims of unjust enrichment and violation of 47 U.S.C. Section 201 (W.D. Ark. June 29, 2018)
- Global Tel*Link v. FCC, Reversal and vacatur of Federal Communications Commission order adopting rates and restrictions on ICS (D.C. Cir. 2017)
- Smith v. Securus Technologies, Inc., Summary judgment entered for Securus on claims brought pursuant to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (D. Minn. 2015)
- Texas Ofc. Of Pub. Util. Counsel v. FCC, Partial reversal of Federal Communication Commission order that shifted the cost of interstate access charges onto consumer (5th Cir. 2001)
Honors & Awards
- Legal 500 — 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Communications Bar Association
News, Events & Insights
The George Washington School of Law, J.D.
The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs, M.A. Russian and East European Studies
University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude
- Arent Fox LLP, Partner
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania