Robert Mayer is a registered patent attorney who drafts and prosecutes patent applications for a wide range of technologies, including medical devices, bar code scanners, semiconductors, photocopiers, consumer electronics, and software. He manages patent portfolios, helps clients mine patentable ideas from their technical staff, and counsels clients on focusing their resources in view of their business goals.
Robert has also defended the validity of numerous patents in reexamination proceedings, litigated infringement and validity issues, drafted license agreements, and provided opinions relating to patent infringement and validity.
Prior to practicing law, Robert worked as an electrical engineer designing digital and analog electronic circuits for use in video, radar, and submarine-based systems, and also wrote software and microcode for those systems.
- Built a portfolio of 36 US patents for a medical device company in the years leading up to a successful IPO on the NASDAQ.
- Successfully defended the validity of a patent relating to camera phones against four sequential challenges that were brought by accused infringers in separate reexamination proceedings.
- Managed and prosecuted a patent portfolio including 100 patent families relating to cell phones.
News, Events & Insights
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham Law Review, Associate Editor
NYU – Polytechnic, M.E., Electrical Engineering
Cooper Union, B.E., Electrical Engineering
- Proskauer Rose, Patent Attorney
- Lyon & Lyon, Patent Attorney
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto, Patent Attorney
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office