Matt Lapin is a Washington, D.C.-based attorney with over 15 years of in-house, law firm and government experience, focused on export controls, economic sanctions, corporate and government ethics and compliance programs and internal investigations.
- Developed government agency’s internal investigations program.
- Created/managed international trade program at a global industrial company.
- Investigated/settled export controls/sanctions violation disclosures for aerospace/defense contractors.
- Acted as regional compliance counsel for Russia, Canada and Middle East affiliates of medical products and biopharmaceutical companies.
- Collaborate to Impact, Board President
- Breakthrough Montessori School, Board Member
Memberships and Affiliations
- Society for International Affairs, Committee Chair
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Member
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
- International Law Review, Civil Clinic
University of California, Irvine
- cum laude
- Export-Import Bank of the United States, Administrative Counsel
- The Linde Group, Counsel for Global Trade
- Compliance Source International, Managing Director
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- California (inactive)