Laura Polvinale is an experienced corporate Counsel with an employment focus. Ms. Polvinale drafts, negotiates, reviews, and interprets a wide variety of contracts for clients throughout the United States. In addition, Ms. Polvinale represents management before federal and state equal employment opportunity agencies and at labor arbitrations. As part of her employment practice, she has taken matters from initial factual investigation through discovery and motions pleadings to final resolution.
- Represented management in front of federal and state equal employment opportunity agencies and at labor arbitrations.
- Conducted factual investigations in connection with litigation, arbitration, and administrative agency matters. Drafted pleadings, motions, legal memoranda, affidavits, and discovery requests/responses. Conducted legal research regarding a variety of general litigation, labor, and employment law issues.
- Conducted independent investigations on behalf of a variety of Federal Agencies regarding complaints of unlawful employment discrimination and draft Reports of Investigation regarding findings.
- Managed corporate compliance with a variety of federal, state, and local laws. Conducted audits to ascertain corporate compliance, trained corporate and field associates in compliance techniques, and conducted internal investigations.
- Drafted commercial real estate/retail leases, franchise agreements, asset purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, independent contractor and confidentiality agreements, and other legal and business documents.
- Provided on-going legal advice related to over 500 leases.
- Supported due diligence in connection with corporate spin off and sale.
- Provided advice/counsel regarding client’s leases and subleases (client had over 500 active master leases and subleases for commercial real estate located in airports around the world).
American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
- summa cum laude
- American University Law Review
Hood College, B.A.
- cum laude
- Jones Day, Associate
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia