Jeffrey M. Stoler is a Partner in Potomac Law’s Boston office and a member of the firm’s Corporate team.
Mr. Stoler is primarily a transactional lawyer with a strong record of bringing matters to closure promptly and on positive terms. He’s handled transactions ranging from high nine-figure international acquisitions and IPOs to low six-figure start-up deals. Mr. Stoler regularly serves as outside general counsel to a variety of emerging and middle-market businesses for which he handles M&A deals, capital raises, contracts, licenses, joint ventures/strategic alliances, franchising and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Stoler is active in Boston’s venture and angel capital community, and is the founder of SideCar Angels. He has served for many years on the Board of Directors, and recently on the Executive Committee, of Greater Boston Legal Services, one of the nation’s largest and oldest providers of civil legal aid to the indigent.
Mr. Stoler has been a frequent speaker on business and legal matters, and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, CFO Magazine, BusinessWeek, the Boston Globe and other publications.
- Served as lead counsel on 25+ IPOs and secondary public offerings for both the listing companies and the lead underwriters
- Served as US general counsel to various European multinationals, routinely advising on US subsidiary matters, employment issues, contracts, M&A, real estate, litigation and regulatory matters
- Led the negotiation and successful closing of hundreds of acquisition and divestiture transactions, private placements, contracts, licenses, joint ventures and other transactions for clients across industries
- Regularly advises companies with securities law compliance matters, including SEC periodic reports, proxy statements, SEC disclosure, and corporate governance matters
- Routinely serves as counsel to founders regarding new business formation, financing, shareholder and employee agreements, stock incentives, IP protections, dispute resolution, etc.
- Regularly structures and closes commercial agreements, including licenses, distribution, sales, marketing, vendor, software, joint venture, and other agreements.
- Greater Boston Legal Services, Board of Directors
Memberships and Affiliations
- Stanford Associates, Board of Governors
- SideCar Angels, Managing Director
- Meritas, Board of Directors
- Children’s Museum, Board of Directors