Jasmine F. Blackmeir’s practice involves all facets of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, mortgage and mezzanine financings, joint venture arrangements, and leasing transactions relating to office buildings, hotels, multifamily rental properties, commercial condominiums, shopping centers, and other real estate projects. Her clients include financial institutions, developers, equity investors, landlords and tenants, and hotel owners and operators. She is also experienced in negotiating hotel management agreements and franchise license agreements, and navigating the unique issues involved in acquiring, selling, and operating hotels.
- Represented The JBG Companies in connection with numerous real estate aspects of the 2017 combination of certain JBG-affiliated fund assets with the Vornado REIT DC real estate portfolio, creating JBG SMITH Properties, a publicly traded REIT on the NYSE (JBGS).
- Represented seller in the sale of a to-be-developed air rights parcel in L’Enfant Plaza, Washington, D.C. to the International Spy Museum, and negotiated the development documents for the construction of the museum on behalf of developer.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of King of Prussia Town Center in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania for approximately $183 million. Previously represented this seller in connection with its initial acquisition of the land in 2015, which was subsequently developed into an award winning shopping center that is the retail portion of the Village at Valley Forge, a 122-acre master planned development.
- Represented seller in connection with the 2017 sale of 900 16th St. N.W. in Washington, D.C., a 122,362 s.f. trophy office building with first-floor retail which garnered the highest price per square foot for a Washington, D.C. office sale. The sale of the project concluded more than seven years of work on the project, which won the Washington Business Journal’s Best New Office Development Award in 2016 and was a 2017 Deal of the Year honoree.
- Represented seller in the sale of a multifamily portfolio in Washington, D.C., including providing counsel through the TOPA process.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of the 896-unit Hunters Glen Apartments in Plainsboro, New Jersey for approximately $150 million.
- Represented buyer and developer of land in Alexandria, Virginia for the development of an approximately 250-unit mixed use project, to be part of the Braddock Gateway.
- Represented seller in the sale of the 338-room Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel in Arlington, Virginia for approximately $97 million.
- Represented seller in the sale of the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Bethesda, Maryland for approximately $84 million. The hotel, located across the street from the White Flint Metro Station, consists of 450 rooms, 50,000 s.f. of event space, and a 120 seat amphitheater.
- Represented seller in the sale of the historic 225-room Back Bay Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts for approximately $84 million.
- Represented owner in connection with the contribution of a newly constructed Homewood Suites by Hilton to a newly formed joint venture. The 11-story hotel consists of 195 rooms and 4,500 s.f. of retail space, and is located in the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood of downtown Washington, D.C., one block from Nationals Park.
- Represented lender in connection with the approximately $53.5 million syndicated construction financing for the development of a 167-room, Hyatt branded hotel in Mountain View, California.
- Represented lender in connection with a $66.7 million construction loan for the development of the global headquarters for Google, located in Mountain View, California.
- Represented owner in the recapitalization of a newly completed 341,876 s.f. office building and retail plaza located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood.
- Represented developer in a series of membership interest acquisitions and dispositions related to a portfolio of multifamily projects in Alexandria, Fairfax, and Reston, Virginia, together with numerous loan assumptions and new financings.
- Represented borrower in connection with a $80 million construction loan for the development of a $114 million luxury condominium community consisting of 123 units and ground floor retail space in McLean, Virginia.
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN)
- Pro bono representation of Alteristic (f/k/a Green Dot)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Bar Association of California
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
News, Events & Insights
The George Washington School of Law, J.D., 2006
Texas Woman’s University, B.S., 2002
- Morgan Lewis, Of Counsel
- Bingham McCutchen
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia