Iris Wong is a Partner in the firm’s Education, Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, and Corporate practice groups. Ms. Wong advises clients on U.S. Department of Education, state educational agency, and accrediting agency requirements. Ms. Wong has represented educational institutions in proceedings before regulatory bodies and investigations by governmental entities. She has also provided regulatory counsel to corporations and private equity firms in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
- Counseled clients on requirements under Title IV, Title IX, and FERPA.
- Represented educational institutions before state regulatory and accrediting agencies for approval of initial licensure, change of ownership, and substantive change applications.
- Drafted institutional policies, procedures, and forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Prepared and conducted training presentations on compliance with educational regulatory requirements.
- Conducted regulatory due diligence reviews of educational institutions.
- Drafted and negotiated purchase and service agreements.
News, Events & Insights
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2005
University of Virginia, B.S., 2002
- Strayer University, Associate General Counsel
- Power Pyles Sutter and Verville, PC
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia