Bonny Plosker is a veteran of corporate branding with significant experience serving as in-house trademark counsel for global media giants Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and MTV Networks, where she successfully led the major entertainment rebranding initiative from “Court TV” to “truTV”, managed extensive global trademark portfolios with over 20,000 marks, counseled clients in all aspects of trademarks, and managed enforcement matters and litigations. Ms. Plosker was charged with protecting prized media brands such as Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT, Atlanta Braves, MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon and many others.
Ms. Plosker now calls on her corporate perspective in her role as outside counsel, guiding clients ranging from global corporations to startups and individuals across many industries including media, consumer products, health care, education, gaming, real estate and others. She specializes in all areas of trademark law including counseling, search and clearance, global prosecution, portfolio management, inter parties proceedings, dispute resolution, trademark and domain name enforcement and the business of trademark law: licensing. Ms. Plosker prides herself on providing sound, practical and cost-effective guidance to her clients.
- Advised on all legal aspects of successful rebranding of Court TV to truTV, including evaluating and advising on potential names, anonymous acquisition of third party trademarks and domain names, negotiating and drafting trademark acquisition agreements, registering trademarks and domain names and advising on press releases and announcements.
- Partnered with senior executives and internal clients in all areas of media business including production, on-air, marketing, creative services and merchandising.
- Collaborated with Warner Brothers legal department colleagues to support global antipiracy efforts.
- Successfully defended The Disney Store’s use of the image of “Tinkerbell” in connection with perfume and M&M Mars’ use of the color orange in connection with its peanut butter M&M’s chocolate candies packaging.
Memberships and Affiliations
- International Trademark Association
News, Events & Insights
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- St. John’s Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award
Georgetown University, B.A.
- First Honors
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Senior Counsel
- MTV Networks, Counsel
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto, Associate
- New York