Dr. Sadr is a Partner in our Intellectual Property Practice. He is a registered patent attorney with more than 15 years of experience counseling companies on planning and developing their patent portfolios in the U.S. and abroad. Dr. Sadr has drafted and prosecuted patent applications for clients in a variety of areas including mass spectrometry, various technologies related to medical devices, mobile devices; optical and electrical storage; computer hardware and software, 3D displays and lasers and other inventions critical to a company’s business operations.
Prior to joining Potomac Law, Dr. Sadr was an attorney at Nelson Mullins. He previously worked at EMC2 Corporation where he served as a principal software engineer and a test automation team manager, positions that give him inside knowledge of the specific challenges that software companies face.
With advanced degrees and a technical discipline in physics, Dr. Sadr is well-equipped to provide strategies to help his clients protect their intellectual technology.
- Counseled clients, drafted patent applications, or prosecuted such applications in a variety of subjects, including mass spectrometry, medical devices using various high tech software and hardware technologies such as image analysis, spectrometry, weight balancing, etc.; mobile devices and their text entry mechanisms; lighted and LED systems; wireless charging; wireless communication; packaging; defibrillators; robotics; silicon wafers; semiconductor films; thin film transistors; displays such as 3D displays, printers, audio-video data storage, fault tolerant busses or nodes, opto-electronics, interferometers, optical storage, lasers, audio devices, nano-technology, and high frequency circuits; and electrical storage devices such as lead-acid batteries, fuel cells, or solar cells using quantum tunneling.
- Counseled clients and drafted or prosecuted applications for inventions involving business methods, software, or systems in various areas such as statistical analysis of data and models, financial portfolio optimization, financial transactions, subterranean channel detection, online reputation, email, bill generation, credit management, web-based ordering, video streaming, image processing, optical Fourier transforms, Fourier imaging, intrusion detection in communication networks, fraud detection, managing regulatory data, utilizing social games in clinical trials, organizing medical information, and task scheduling.
- As a Ph.D. student, conducted research on the physical phenomenon of phases and phase transitions, specifically the anomalies of liquid water and melting of size-dispersed solids using physical analysis and computer simulation, modeling, and graphics; researched and published papers in prestigious peer-reviewed physics journals a range of topics, including neural networks, roughening in surface growth and sputtering, and genetic code; and attended numerous national and international conferences to present his research findings.
Honors & Awards
- Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Outstanding Pro Bono Detention Award
- Suffolk Law School Honors
- Academic Leadership Scholarship
- Jurisprudence Awards in Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, Commercial Paper, and Evidence
- Law Practice Skills’ First Year Best Brief Award
- First in 3L class of 127
- First among 94 in 1L section
- American Physical Society, Scholarship for the International Conference on Computational Physics
- NSF Scholarship for the 19th International Conference on Statistical Physics
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Boston’s Political Asylum/Immigration Representation project, Pro Bono Attorney
- Battered Women Project, Boston Women’s Bar Association, Pro Bono Attorney
Memberships and Affiliations
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Co-Chair, New Lawyers Committee (2012–2015)
- Co-Chair, Invented Here! (2012–2013)
- Smaller Business Association of New England, Technology & Innovation Committee
News, Events & Insights
Suffolk University Law School,, J.D.
- summa cum laude
Boston University, Ph.D., Computational & Statistical Physics
Northeastern University, M.S., Physics
Sharif University of Technology, B.S., Physics
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Pierce Atwood, LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- EMC2 Corp.
Areas of Practice
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)