Mr. Sottile is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Transactional and Real Estate and Finance departments where he represents many businesses in commercial real estate and business transactions.
Mr. Sottile advises on a wide range of complex matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other corporate law matters. He has represented both buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, including successfully representing a minority shareholder in a shareholder oppression case.
Mr. Sottile has substantial experience in the hospitality and technology industries, having represented hotel developers, software companies and commercial real estate developers in various strategic transactions. In addition to his transactional practice, he regularly advises on corporate governance and fiduciary duty matters.
Most recently, he was a partner with Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP where he established the commercial real estate department in its Charleston, SC office.
- Lead counsel for the seller in a $130 million sale to a publicly traded corporation
- Represented the seller in a $75 million merger with a publicly traded corporation
- Successfully represented minority shareholder in shareholder oppression case
- Counsel to the resort destination of the City of Isle of Palms, S.C.
- Lead counsel for the acquisition and development of several multi-million-dollar hotel developments
- Represent hotel developer in land acquisition, construction, franchising and operation of hotels
- Negotiated and drafted multi- million-dollar service agreements with regional and national insurance companies for a large software company
- Lead counsel for hundreds of business formations and multimillion dollar transactions, contracts and commercial real estate deals while serving as managing partner of Sottile, Hopkins & Lewis
PRO BONO AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- S.C. Bar Mentoring Program, Volunteer Mentor
- Charleston County Neighborhood Legal Assistance Program, Director
- Isle of Palms Run & Walk for the Child, Race Director
- South Carolina Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer Attorney-Coach
- Exchange Club of Mount Pleasant, S.C., President
- United Way, Volunteer
Memberships and Affiliations
- Charleston County Bar, Legal Fee Disputes Board
- College of Charleston Foundation, Board of Directors
- Clemson University, IPTAY Representative