Jordan One is a patent attorney specializing in e-commerce, electrical, computer, and mechanical inventions.
Mr. One began his career in intellectual property law as a patent agent in 2013 with a leading IP boutique firm. After graduating with honors from law school, he continued to develop his legal practice with Greenberg Traurig, LLP—working on a diverse range of matters from patent prosecution, to opinion work and patent litigation—prior to joining Potomac Law Group.
He has extensive experience in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine learning, MEMS devices, robotic control systems and sensors, aerospace and automotive systems, e-commerce, self-driving cars, 3D printing and autonomous manufacturing.
Mr. One has helped his clients - ranging from Fortune 100 companies to individual inventors - obtain strategic protection for their inventions and has developed international patent strategies and guided the prosecution of their global patent portfolios. He has drafted over a hundred patent applications directed to electrical, computer, mechanical, and medical device technologies and has extensive experience prosecuting patent applications before the USPTO.
Mr. One has a deep understanding of technology grounded in significant engineering experience. Prior to his IP career, he worked in the satellite and nuclear industries on several programs where he identified the cause of flow anomalies in a nuclear power plant and assembled the electronic system used to communicate with the ViaSat-1, the world’s highest capacity satellite at the time.
- Drafted and prosecuted over a hundred patent applications spanning a broad range of electrical, computer, and mechanical technologies, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Advised clients on intellectual property portfolio management, business development, and litigation strategies.
- Provided recommendations to clients regarding claim scope, patentability, and continuing patent applications.
- Prepared demand letters asserting intellectual property rights and responses to demand letters defending against accusations of patent infringement.
- Drafted motions, briefs, and other documents in connection with patent infringement and trade secret cases, including a motion to dismiss, answer, counterclaims, motions in limine, Daubert motions, and reply briefs.
- Served on defense trial team in Riddell Inc. v. Kranos Corp., Civ. No. 1:16-cv-04496 (N.D. Ill.).
Publications and Speeches
Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law,, J.D.
- cum laude
- Dean’s Honor List
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., Computer Engineering
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office