Mr. Allbee is a Partner in the Intellectual Property Practice and focuses on patent portfolio development and analysis. His experience includes strategic business positioning and targeted patent prosecution to maximize protection, target competitors, and provide litigation readiness. Mr. Allbee has experience developing portfolios in computing technologies including augmented and virtual reality, AI/machine learning, operating systems, computer and network security, user interfaces, financial technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), and databases.
Mr. Allbee previously served as in-house patent counsel at Dropbox and as secondee in-house patent counsel at Facebook. As in-house counsel, he helped direct patent strategy, provided competitor readiness analysis, selected technologies for patent protection, and supervised outside counsel. Mr. Allbee also previously worked as a developer at PINT Inc., a software development company focusing on web-based content management and applications. At PINT, he led a team developing client-side, server-side, and database applications.
- Representing a leading Fortune 500 software company in obtaining patents.
- Representing one of the U.S.’s largest banking and insurance institutions in obtaining patents.
- Targeted patent prosecution and litigation preparation in the Internet of Things (IoT) space.
Northwest Immigrants Rights Project, Attorney Volunteer
News, Events & Insights
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Journal of Science and Technology Law
University of California, San Diego, B.S.
- Graduated with Honors in Computer Science
Perkins Coie, LLP, Counsel
Dropbox Inc., Patent Counsel
Facebook Inc., Secondee Patent Counsel
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office