Brian Hairston is a Counsel in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice. He has extensive experience in patent matters across a wide range of technologies including mechanical technologies, medical devices, electronics, telecommunications, networking, and semiconductors. In addition to his law firm experience, Mr. Hairston previously served as a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, examining patent applications in the internal combustion engine art.
Mr. Hairston’s experience includes drafting new patent applications and prosecuting both U.S. and foreign patent applications. Mr. Hairston also has substantial experience advising clients in patent infringement and patentability matters, and preparing non-infringement, invalidity, and patentability options.
- Assists clients in preparing and prosecuting U.S., foreign, and international patent applications in the mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, and computer-related arts.
- Advises clients on strategies for developing patent portfolios.
- Advises clients on patent infringement and validity issues, including preparing non-infringement and validity opinion letters.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- NSIP Law, Partner
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Examiner
- United States Patent and Trademark Office