Abigail Cousins is Counsel in our Intellectual Property Practice. She is a registered patent attorney who has drafted and prosecuted patent applications for over 40 years, primarily in the areas of consumer electronics and digital networks. The technologies she has worked on have advanced from compact discs and video tape recorders to streaming services and cutting edge audiovisual digital encoding/decoding systems.
Ms. Cousins has also worked in patent licensing by evaluating standard essential patents for inclusion in numerous patent pools, and has provided technical and legal support in litigations involving such standard essential patents.
- Successfully defended the validity of a patent related to cell phones in challenges including both litigation and reexamination.
- Participated in a team of attorneys to obtain the largest number of U.S. patents a year for a single client.
Publications and Speeches
- Ms. Cousins has had the honor of representing low income military veterans pro bono to obtain disability benefits from the Veterans Administration.
News, Events & Insights
Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- Law Review
The City College of City University of New York, M.E.E.E.
- Tau Beta Pi
Bryn Mawr College, B.A.
- Proskauer Rose, Patent Attorney
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto, Partner
- New York
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office