For about twenty-four years, Judith Kim has counseled clients innovating in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, immunology, diagnostics, biofuel, agrosciences, food products, nutraceuticals, cosmetics and personal care. Ms. Kim’s practice includes:
- Preparation of patent applications and their prosecution and appeals worldwide
- Management of foreign oppositions and invalidation trials
- Contested proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Opinions on invalidity and noninfringement to ensure freedom to operate
- Due diligences for evaluation of investments and acquisitions, and agreements
Prior to joining Potomac Law, Ms. Kim was a senior partner at a leading IP law firm, where she led legal teams in patent portfolio management, inter partes disputes, licensing and related IP counseling. Ms. Kim’s scientific experiences are in the areas of microbial and mammalian biology. She co-authored eleven scientific publications resulting from her research.
Ms. Kim earned both her B.A. and M.S. in Biology from the University of Maryland, and her J.D. from University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. Ms. Kim is an Adjunct Professor at Sogang University Law School in Seoul, Korea.