Our new model law firm is seeking an experienced patent attorney to join our growing practice. The position is 100% remote.
- Registered patent agent or attorney with at least five years of experience drafting and prosecuting software patents;
- Technical background in computing arts (software engineering, electrical engineering, etc.);
- Team-oriented work style with an interest in providing excellent client service and a willingness to accept feedback; and
- At least 5 years of experience in a BigLaw firm or national IP boutique.
- Computer science degree and/or programming expertise;
- Experience dealing with 101 (Alice-type) rejections; and
- Engineering and/or patenting experience in one or more of the following areas: augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR); machine learning / AI; user interface design & implementation; graphics; authentication and security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 120 lawyers in 20 states, we represent a range of clients from Fortune 100 corporations to emerging companies. We offer lawyers greater autonomy and flexibility than traditional BigLaw firms while providing comparable (or better) support in all the areas you would expect. We do not have a minimum billable hour requirement.
Potomac Law was named a 2021 Top Workplace by The Washington Post and recently recognized by Bloomberg Law in the inaugural Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Framework. At Potomac Law, we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to the success of our firm. Offering fair and transparent compensation, we attract top-notch talent regardless of race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status. We will continue to implement strategies to recruit, hire and maintain a diverse workforce, and along these lines, are participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification process to boost the representation of historically underrepresented lawyers.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities with our firm, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.