Potomac Law, a new model law firm, is seeking an experienced Employee Benefits lawyer based in the United States.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of significant experience with the following:
- Benefits aspects of employment-related documents, such as employment agreements, severance plans and agreements and incentive plans;
- Benefits aspects of corporate transactions and restructurings, reductions-in-force and change in control situations; and
- ERISA and non-ERISA plans and arrangements, including health, tax-qualified retirement, non-qualified deferred compensation incentive bonus, including equity-based plans, and severance programs
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form;
- A strong work ethic, excellent leadership skills, and action-oriented approach;
- Minimum 10 years of experience;
- AmLaw 100 firm experience;
- J.D. from top tier law school;
- Ability to work remotely
Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 120 lawyers in 20 states, we represent a range of clients from Fortune 100 corporations to emerging companies. We offer lawyers greater autonomy and flexibility than traditional BigLaw firms while providing comparable (or better) support in all the areas you would expect. We do not have a minimum billable hour requirement.
Potomac Law was named a 2021 Top Workplace by The Washington Post and recently recognized by Bloomberg Law in the inaugural Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Framework. At Potomac Law, we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to the success of our firm. Offering fair and transparent compensation, we attract top-notch talent regardless of race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status. We will continue to implement strategies to recruit, hire and maintain a diverse workforce, and along these lines, are participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification process to boost the representation of historically underrepresented lawyers.
If you would like to be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities with our firm, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration.