Ursula Werner is a Counsel with diverse experience across legal practice areas, including civil and criminal litigation and appellate advocacy. With almost a decade of experience in the public sector advising government agencies on complex issues of constitutional and statutory law, she brings particular expertise advising clients with the requirements and implications of various statutory and regulatory mandates.
- Briefed criminal and civil appeals on behalf of appellants, appellees, and amici curiae, in various federal appellate circuits and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, on numerous issues, including constitutional law, civil and criminal procedure, criminal law, international tort law, and general tort law.
- Represented billion-dollar online services provider in antitrust action seeking Department of Justice intervention.
- Advised Attorney General, White House Counsel, and federal executive agencies and departments regarding interpretation of constitutional and statutory law, in areas of antitrust, immigration, public aid, and citizenship.
- Finalized and oversaw implementation of federal regulation government verification for public aid benefits, acting as liaison for federal, state, and local agencies seeking guidance for implementation of welfare reform law.
- United States Department of Justice, Office of Legal Counsel, Attorney-Advisor
- Powell, Goldstein, Frazer & Murphy, Associate
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS