Marcia Morton serves as Counsel in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, focusing on patents. She regularly represents clients, both individual and corporate, in transactional patent matters, and has worked across a broad spectrum of technologies, including the life sciences as well as biomedical devices and mechanical devices.
Dr. Morton has advised clients regarding patent invalidity, freedom to operate, patent infringement and due diligence. She has also assisted with patent preparation and advised on domestic and international patent portfolio management.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on freedom to operate regarding a new product line.
- Advised a mechanical device company on patent issues relating to competitor patent portfolio of approximately 27 patents and applications.
- Performed due diligence to support a multi-million dollar transaction involving the potential acquisition of a private company.
- Provided strategic portfolio assessment and advice to a biotechnology company and its stakeholders.
- Martek Biosciences, Intellectual Property Attorney
- Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc., Sr. Patent Counsel
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, Associate
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Intellectual Property Division, D.C. Bar, Member