Kevin P. Stogner focuses his practice on corporate work, with broad experience in administrative law, local government affairs and regulatory matters.
Mr. Stogner has represented numerous corporations and individuals in corporate, government affairs, federal and state regulatory compliance matters, and investigative matters. As part of his corporate practice, he drafts and reviews commercial agreements, as well as performs contract review and due diligence for M&A transactions by public companies and private equity sponsors.
Mr. Stogner has also worked in the public sector, serving as general counsel to the Committee on Finance and Revenue of the District of Columbia legislature. In this role, he conducted oversight of executive agencies and worked on budget, finance and tax policy issues, along with a broad portfolio of other legislative matters. Mr. Stogner also served as investigative and legislative counsel to an individual member of the District of Columbia legislature. In that capacity, he led investigations in the health care context, utilizing legislative subpoenas, relating to patient safety and privacy, the quality and accessibility of services, and general corporate and business practices within the pharmaceutical industry, while managing a diverse legislative portfolio.
Mr. Stogner began his legal career with a federal clerkship for Judge John F. Nangle in the Southern District of Georgia.
- Reviewed and catalogued variety of agreements for internal corporate databases
- Prepared disclosure documents and conducted due diligence for capital markets projects
- Reviewed and drafted complex financial disclosures and related SEC compliance issues for public companies ranging from Fortune 50 to small-cap issuers
- Worked on a number of legislative, regulatory and budget matters involving economic development, real estate, bond financing, transportation, financial services, consumer protection, health insurance, public safety, food policy and other matters
- Represented a major real estate developer relating to the surplus and disposition of public land in the District of Columbia
- Managed teams of up to 25 attorneys and accounting consultants
- Represented listed companies in Nasdaq delisting proceedings
- Represented issuers in securities compliance matters in the reporting and transactional contexts, including extensive application of the Securities Act, the Exchange Act, Regulation S-K, Regulation S-X, and NYSE and Nasdaq listing requirements
- Advised public companies, directors and other clients in corporate governance, internal investigation, securities regulation, corporate finance and merger and acquisition matters
- Counseled issuers and underwriters in the public offering process and acted as special counsel for boards of directors, audit committees and special committees on governance issues, corporate crises and business combination proposals
- Committee on Finance and Revenue, Council of the District of Columbia, General Counsel
- Latham & Watkins LLP, Associate
PRO BONO AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Served as liaison to Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2A and the Foggy Bottom Community
- Provided voter protection and public policy advice on a number of local and federal political campaigns
- The Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless
- The Mississippi Center for Justice (relating to Hurricane Katrina)
- Children’s Law Center