Jim Dougherty has extensive and broad experience counseling clients in commercial contracts, complex corporate transactions, and corporate governance, as well as administrative and regulatory law compliance. He brings more than two decades of experience both as an in-house lawyer and law firm counsel, with a particular focus on technology companies, as well as government contractors and other entities operating in highly regulated industries. As Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of two technology companies, Mr. Dougherty served as lead executive for legal, compliance, and risk management functions, including managing internal and external resources related to those functions.
- Managed all legal and contracts support for provider of deployable 4G/LTE wireless networks to international and domestic government and commercial customers.
- Renegotiated a $15 million revolving credit facility, negotiated the first “deployable network” contract under FirstNet award by the state of New Jersey.
- Managed all legal support for wholly-owned Intel subsidiary to provide technology solutions and services to the USG on a cost-reimbursement basis.
- Led Intel’s USG contracts compliance program, and chaired Intel’s USG Contracts Practice Group.
- Closed a $35M software integration agreement with a California state agency and numerous related subcontracts for a “Big 4” IT consulting firm in 90 days.
- Re-negotiated mission- critical application software license for Fortune 50 outsourcing provider over 30-day period for $25 million less than licensor’s proposed fee.
- Negotiated and closed transition services and technology license agreements related to the asset purchase of a semiconductor fabrication facility in Germany.
- Oceus NetWorks, Inc., VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
- Intel Corporation – Intel Federal LLC, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Of Counsel; Associate
- CISCO Systems Inc., Managing Attorney, Worldwide Channels